Enjoy this light summery vegetarian dish, using in season tomatoes.
Perfect for using up your tomatoes in the summer! This quick and easy dish is perfect for warm summer evenings.
Feel free to add BBQ chicken if you would like it to be more substantial or substitute the cheese for a vegan option.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1-2 whole fresh chillies
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 punnet or 1-2 cups fresh cherry tomatoes or chop larger tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced kalamata olives
- 100 g baby spinach
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 60-100 g dry spaghetti pasta
- salt and pepper to taste
- squeeze of lemon juice
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil for the pasta.
- Prepare tomatoes and olives by slicing in half and set aside.
- Finely grate parmesan and set aside.
- Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Finely chop garlic or crush. Slice chillies finely, adding seeds for extra punch if you like a bit of a kick. Cook these in a large frying pan with a dash of oil.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and kalamata olives and cook for 5 mins.
- Once the pasta has cooked drain, reserving half a cup of water. Add pasta to the frying pan and mix. Add the reserved water, lemon juice and a handful of parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add extra pasta water if needed.
- Plate up and add remaining parmesan on top with a good sprinkling of fresh pepper.