This is a fantastic dish served with a garden salad, roasted rosemary potatoes, and accompanied by Castle Rock Café chilli peach chutney.
Recipe and image kindly contributed by Castle Rock Café.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 mussels shelled and roughly chopped (approx. 250 grams)
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1 fresh red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 large potatoes peeled and diced into 2cm cubes
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a small roasting dish combine the potatoes, rosemary, olive oil and salt. Place in the oven and roast until tender.
- Whisk egg in a bowl, add the milk, sprinkle in the flour and baking powder and whisk to form a smooth batter.
- Add chopped mussels, coriander and chilli. Season with salt and pepper. Mix into the batter mix.
- In a frying pan add a little oil. Heat and add large spoon fills of the batter mix. Cook on each side until crispy. Approximately 4 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately with the roasted potatoes, your favourite garden salServe immediately with the roasted potatoes, your favourite garden salad and Castle Rock Café chilli peach chutney.