This favourite of our former Castle Rock Cafe chef Dyon, is a great light dish for the warmer months.
Feta, olive and basil stuffed chicken breast wrapped in pancetta recipe and image kindly contributed by Castle Rock Café.
- 1 chicken breast
- 6 slices pancetta
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 basil leaves finely sliced
- 4 black pitted olives (we use kalamata olives) sliced in to small pieces
- 4 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 baby courgette cut in half
- 25ml Castle Rock Raspberry Vinegar
- 80ml olive oil
- Take the chicken breast and place on a piece of GLAD cling wrap. Then carefully place another piece of GLAD cling wrap over the top. Take a rolling pin or a meat tenderiser and carefully bash chicken breast out until nice and thin (about 2cm thickness).
- Take the slices of pancetta and lay out so they are all in a row slightly over lapping each other. Place the chicken breast carefully over the pancetta.
- In a bowl place feta cheese, olives, basil leaves and a little pepper. Mix with your hands until formed into a sausage shape. Place into the chicken. Carefully roll up the pancetta and chicken so feta stuffing is encased inside.
- Heat oven up to 180°C.
- Place courgettes and cherry tomatoes on a tray and sprinkle lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper. Put into the oven and cook for approx. 5 minutes or until soft.
- Place chicken breast in a warm pan with a little olive oil and sear all sides of the chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and cook for about 8 minutes. Take out and let rest for 3 minutes.
- Place raspberry vinegar and olive oil into a small bowl and whisk together.
- Cut chicken into three slices and place on a warm plate. Lay the courgette over the middle and surround the chicken with the cherry tomatoes. Drizzle the raspberry dressing around the plate and top with a basil leaf.