This burger has a kick to it but is very tasty with the apple blue cheese slaw.
Recipe and image kindly contributed by Castle Rock Café.
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 4 fresh burger buns
- BLUE CHEESE APPLE SLAW
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 small apple grated or finely sliced
- 50 grams blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 shallot finely diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine hot sauce, butter and ketchup in a bowl and mix well.
- Reserve 1/4 cup of mixture to use later.
- Add chicken to mixture and marinate for 20 minutes. Then remove chicken and discard the marinade.
- While chicken is marinating combine all blue cheese apple slaw ingredients and mix well.
- Grill Chicken breasts for approximately 5-7 minutes on each side or until internal temperature reaches 75°C.
- Grill burger buns until lightly toasted.
- Spread remaining marinate on the burger buns. Top with the chicken and slaw.
There are no user reviews for this listing.