Our family love this recipe because it is a great winter warmer. There is a touch of spice to gently warm you up on a cold winter day. Fresh corriander on the top of this soup really makes it vibrant and fresh to taste. We also like to add warm bacon on the top as an added bonus. Hope you enjoy. Cheers, Andy
Recipe and image kindly contributed by Castle Rock Café.
- 4 large kumara, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoon horopito spice (we used Simon Gault Home Cuisine Horopito Spice)
- 2 shallots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery sticks, diced
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1 cup Castle Rock Café Chilli, Lime & Coriander vinegar
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups vegetable stock (we used Simon Gault Home Cuisine Vegetable Stock)
- 1 cup unsweetened yoghurt
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander roughly chopped
- 4 rashes of bacon cooked and sliced (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Place kumara on to a roasting tray and pour a little oil on them and cook in the oven at 180°C until soft.
- In a warm pan place a little oil. Add shallots, celery, garlic, horopito spice and cook until soft, stirring occasionally. Add vinegar and vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Place pan ingredients and kumara into blender with yoghurt. Blend until smooth. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Place soup into bowls and sprinkle with coriander and bacon (optional).