This is a great brunch dish that is easy to make for a group of friends.
Parmesan French Toast with bacon, chorizo, roasted tomatoes and chilli lime chutney recipe and image kindly contributed by Castle Rock Café.
- 2 slices of ciabatta bread cut 1-2cm thick
- 2 rashes bacon
- 1/2 chorizo sausage
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shaved parmesan
- 1 dessertspoon Castle Rock Café Chilli Lime Chutney (or use your favourite chutney)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Whisk egg and milk in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Place ciabatta bread into milk mixture and soak turning occasionally.
- Slice chorizo and place on an oven tray with the bacon and tomatoes. Put into oven.
- Add a little bit of olive oil in a frying pan. Heat until warm.
- Take ciabatta bread out of milk mixture and place in the frying pan.
- Cook until golden, then turn over and do the same. Sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
- Place on oven tray with the bacon, tomatoes and chorizo.
- Cook for approximately 8 minutes, and then take the tray out of the oven.
- On a plate or board, place the french toast. Top with the bacon, chorizo, tomatoes and chilli lime chutney.