This dish is a great breakfast or brunch dish served during the colder mornings.
Creamy parmesan mushrooms with bacon on toasted ciabatta bread recipe and image kindly contributed by Castle Rock Café.
- 6 medium size Portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup cream
- 4 rashes of bacon
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- 50 grams butter
- 4 slices of ciabatta bread
- 1/4 cup of shaved or grated parmesan cheese
- 1 dessertspoon chopped fresh parsley
- salt and pepper
- Place bacon in a frying pan and cook until crispy - or to exactly how you like your bacon. Remove and place on a plate and keep warm.
- Place the ciabatta bread in the toaster or under the grill and cook until golden.
- Mean while in the same pan you used for the bacon place butter with mushrooms and garlic and fry until mushrooms are soft. Pour in cream and add half of the parmesan and parsley. Stir into the pan and reduce until cream lightly thickens. Season to taste.
- Butter ciabatta bread. Put two pieces on each plate and top each one with half of the mushrooms and cream mixture.
- Place bacon on top and sprinkle the rest of parmesan over the top of each one.