A tasty dish served with poached eggs and delicious honey balsamic grilled Ciabatta bread.
Recipe and image kindly contributed by Castle Rock Café.
- 3 large peeled potatoes
- 250 grams smoked salmon
- 25 grams melted butter
- salt and pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 8 eggs for poaching
- 1 ciabatta loaf sliced into 1 cm thick slices (one per person)
- 200 grams rocket
- Castle Rock Café honey balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- Grate potatoes into a bowl and squeeze out excess moisture. Add the beaten eggs, melted butter and salt and pepper to the potatoes and mix well.
- Heat oven to 180°C.
- In a frying pan add a little olive oil and heat. Add medium size balls of rosti mixture and slowly flatten with a fish slice. When crispy turn over and cook until golden on the other side. Take out and place on an oven tray.
- Cook rostis in the oven for approximately 15 minutes. Pull out and let rest.
- Drizzle honey balsamic vinegar over the ciabatta bread and toast.
- Meanwhile poach the eggs until done how you like them.
- Place rostis on the plate,top with the smoked salmon, poached eggs and rocket.
- Serve toasted ciabatta bread on the side.