Justice of the Peace free consultations available weekly in Whitianga at the Whitianga Community Services Trust (phone 07 866 4476) every Monday 10am - 12.00pm noon excluding public holidays, or contact a local Coromandel JP directly from the contact information listed below.
All Justice of the Peace (JP) services are free and they are available to:
• Witness signatures on documents
• Certify copies of documents
• Complete declarations (including stautory declaration), affirmations or affidavits.
Additional Judicial duties that a JP may be trained to undertake is as follows:
• Hearing summary offences
• Conducting traffic courts
• Hearing bail applications and requests for remands and adjournments
• Issuing search warrants.