In this All About Whitianga business series blog we're focussing on your uniqueness.
Why are you unique?
More to the point what is unique about your business? Can you answer this question confidently and are you conveying this to your clients? Potential and current customers want to know what you do and how you are different, it’s important to them to know why they should buy from you.
Talk confidently about why your business is unique
Yes, times are uncertain and unpredictable at present, everyone is scrambling to make sure that their business survives in this new world. However knowing what your ‘uniqueness’ is when it comes to your business is not a new thing. It’s just good business practice as part of your business planning, and is so often forgotten in business communications.
Being able to talk confidently and credibly about the points that differentiate you from others in your field will help set your business apart.
Take some time to work 'on' your business
Stop and take a few minutes and write down the things that are unique about your business. What makes your business stand out from others? This could be a challenge for some, but does your business really look and sound like everybody else’s business?
Ask yourself these questions as a guideline to help:
- Why should customers buy from you?
- How do you stand out from the crowd?
- What do your clients appreciate about your product or service?
- Why do your long term clients stay?
- What’s the nicest thing someone has said about your business?
- What do you do differently from your competitors?
- What problems do you or your product solve?
- Are you an expert in something?
- How easy is it for people to do business with you?
- What is innovative about your service or product?
- What do your staff say about your business?
Make sure you share
The list can go on. When you have three to five points you can talk confidently about, don’t just leave it there, take your ‘uniqueness’ and tell people about it! Make sure you include your 'uniqueness' in your sales pitch, marketing strategy – and of course on your All About Whitianga business profile listing page.