Government have put a $4 million regional support package in place for SMEs in response to COVID-19 which is being delivered using the Regional Business Partners Network.
As part of this package Te Waka’s Business Growth Team are contracted by Government to deliver free support to local businesses in the Coromandel and the wider Waikato area and use local business experts to do this. Business owners in the Whitianga area can get free advice from business advisors, join online workshops and have access to resources.
How can Te Waka help Whitianga Businesses?
Te Waka is fully committed to supporting businesses through COVID-19 and the recovery phase, with enhanced capacity through the regional business partners programme delivered by Te Waka. Te Waka partners with Business Mentors NZ to provide mentor support in the region.
Te Waka can offer your business free support in the following ways:
- Business Advisors - book in a zoom or phone meeting for assistance in cash-flow management and finance, human resources, health and wellness, business continuity planning and more. The advisors can provide advice and also refer businesses owners to helpful resources including where to go for Government assistance
- Webinars and online workshops - free webinars, hosted by Te Waka, that business owners can join online, tailored to critical topics including cash-flow, human resources and workplace advice, business continuity planning
- General business resources - fact sheets for business owners.
What is Te Waka?
- Lift economic performance across the Waikato region.
- Attract, retain and grow investment, talent and business across the region.
- Champion and lead the region’s collective voices for economic and business needs and opportunities.