Mother's Day is just around the corner. Whether you are looking for a little something for Mum or if you want to celebrate in style, the All About Whitianga team have put together some ideas to make her Mother's day special on Sunday 8th May.
Mother's Day Inspiration
Use our ideas below for some Mother's Day inspiration to celebrate your special Mum, Nana or Mother figure.
- Keep it simple – make a card for your Mum -funny, soppy, or original there’s heaps of ideas available online.
- Grab some photos – make a book, or print off some photos and scrapbook a page to pop into a frame.
- A book to read – something to relax with or maybe a non-fiction title. A word to the wise, be careful with self improvement choices!
- For the foodies – why not try making her breakfast in bed? Try these recipes Potato Rosti & Smoked Salmon Stack or Parmesan French Toast or Creamy Mushrooms.
- A piece of art – You can pick up some great art, mosaics, jewellery and kiwiana pieces in Whitianga. Perhaps get creative and organise to get one of your creations framed for her.
- Bakers delight – if you are more of a baker, some cute cupcakes could be just the thing? Or perhaps sneak down to one of the local cafes for a takeaway treat and coffee!
- Export yourself out of the house – if your budget is a little bigger, then why not go all out and shout her brunch, lunch or dinner at one of Whitianga’s great places to eat.
- Enjoy the sunset – why not treat her to takeaways at the beach instead?
- Classic picnic – explore one of the great bays in the region, take rug and enjoy a picnic lunch.
- Looking for a gift rather than a gesture – get a little something from one of the unique gift and homewares shops in Whitianga.
- Green fingers – fresh flowers or plants for the garden will go down a treat for those Mums that have green thumbs.
- Active and on the go –is your Mother the active sort and enjoys the fresh air? See the things to do in and around the Mercury Bay, from boat trips and walking tracks, biking and hot pools. Check out Wild Wood Mini Golf's FREE Mini Golf for Mums.
- Pamper session – facials, massages, manicures, a new outfit or accessory, perhaps a new hairdo or colour. Treat her to a new cream or potion, to keep her looking great.
- Practical surprise – help your Mum with that odd job that just needs to be done. Why not organise a job to be done, either by yourself or the family in a working bee. Mum’s love watching the kids work! Alternatively grab one of the awesome tradies around town to sort it for you.
Maybe you don’t buy into the commercialism of Mother’s Day? Then just remember to tell your Mother you love her. It’s sure to put a smile on her face!