What Whitianga Businesses are considered essential services through COVID-19 Level 4 Shutdown?
Do you need to understand which businesses are considered an essential service during the COVID-19 Level 4 shutdown?
The New Zealand Government has stated that only businesses that are essential to the provision of the necessities of life may remain open during the Level 4 Alert period. The New Zealand Government has provided a list of essential businesses that can operate over this period.
The New Zealand Government essential businesses list includes a list of sector categories. Each sector category has specific definitions of what entities are permitted to provide essential services (including their supply chains). Please note that the list may be updated by the Government.
The sector categories include:
- Building and construction
- Courts, tribunals and the justice system
- Fast-moving consumer goods
- Financial services
- Local and national government
- Primary industries, including food and beverage production and processing
- Public safety and national security
- Social services
- Transport and logistics
- Utilities and communications, including supply chains.
If you are unsure if your Whitianga business is included in the status of essential services use the following resources to find out the definition of specific businesses permitted under each sector category.
- For full details about essential services visit COVID19.govt.nz (Essential Services) and for more general information about COVID-19 visit COVID19.govt.nz (Home)
- You can also contact the BusinessNZ family for advice at: Upper North Island (EMA): 0800 300 362
COVID-19 Alert level 4 shutdown took effect 25th March 11.59pm. It is likely Level 4 measures will stay in place for a number of weeks.