Here's a helpful guide of the artists and their mediums to help plan your art escape tour in Hahei this year.
Mercury Bay Art Escape in Whenuakite, Coroglen & Hot Water Beach
If you are in or near Whenuakite, Coroglen & Hot Water Beach for the Mercury Bay Art Escape Open Studio weekends this March, then you may want to visit these artists. View and talk to them about their work.
The Mercury Bay Art Escape open studios weekends also covers artists in Whitianga, Tairua, Hahei, Cooks Beach, Flaxmill Bay, Kuaotunu, Rings Beach, and Opito Bay. For information on these artists and more Art Escape events please see the links below.
Download a map of the Whenuakite, Coroglen & Hot Water Beach Open Studios below.
Who's who and what do they do?
– Stained glass and leadlight
Gary Nevin & Julie Burns-Nevin
– Pottery, cement fondue, painting and flax weaving
– Carved wood, acrylic, resin, tattoo inks and pastes
– Painting acrylic
– Sculptures using recycled and found objects, Oil paintings
– Painting acrylic and mixed media.