Last year He Mana Toi Moehau Trust/Creative Coromandel created and successfully ran the first ever artist mentoring programme for the Coromandel Peninsula and Hauraki rohe, called pARTner Up. Applications are open again for 2021/2022.
What is pARTner up?
pARTner Up connects creatives in mentor-mentee relationships that propel artists to build confidence, thrive and flourish with their art at the centre of their success.
Applications are now open for local creatives interested in being a mentee in pARTner Up 2021/2022.
To be a eligible for a place you must be:
- A resident in the Coromandel Peninsula or Hauraki rohe
- Over the age of 18
- Engaged in a creative practice (visual, literary or performing) and have a level of competence in your field
- Ready and willing to commit to in-depth professional development and completion of programme.
pARTner Up is a 6 month programme, starting at the beginning of August 2021 - mid April 2022, with a break over December and January.
This year’s pARTner Up programme will cost mentees $500 to participate. Payment options are available (T&C’s apply).
About the Programme & Mentors
Your mentor will be:
- A champion for you via a one-to-one mentoring conversation for 16 hours over six months
- A well-established arts professional who has achieved a level of excellence in their own art form.
The programme includes:
- An initial facilitated group workshop in which you will be helped to explore your goals for your art practice and build a safe learning environment
- Working with an artist mentor for a minimum of six months with 16 hours of contact (full programme)
- Group workshops spaced throughout the programme, the content and number of which will be determined by the requirements of the mentees. These may incorporate specific business skills tutors, guest speakers, and group work. There will be four 5-hour workshops
- Regular support from the Mentee Coordinator.
More information and applications
Download an application below or to read more visit Creative Coromandel. Please note applications have now closed.
pARTner Up is a non-profit initiative. Creative Coromandel gratefully acknowledge funding support from Lottery Community, local philanthropic supporters and local arts groups, who together have made the majority of pARTner Up 2021/2022 possible.