Three vaccination sites are servicing the Whitianga community. Each site has different days of operation and times slots available to book a free vaccination appointment.
Whitianga COVID-19 Vaccination centres open for bookings
Vaccination sites in Whitianga are operating under Covid-19 Level 4 lockdown conditions. Appointments need to be booked, masks must be worn when attending appointments and physical distancing requirements will be in place at each location.
- Unichem Stephensons Pharmacy - 64 Albert Street, Whitianga
- Mercury Bay Medical Centre - 58 Albert Street, Whitianga (centre of town, NOT the 'White House')
- Coromandel Rescue Helicopter Hangar - Abrahamson Drive, Whitianga.
How to book your COVID-19 Vaccination
The Covid-19 vaccine is free for everyone in New Zealand. COVID-19 vaccinations can be booked or changed in the following ways:
- Calling 0800 28 29 26 (8am-8pm, 7 days a week)
- Government Covid-19 website.
Local tip - for online bookings, enter Whitianga or 3510 - Waikato when prompted.
Vaccine rollout groups and dates
Group 1 - Border and managed isolation and quarantine (MIQ) workers (bookings open now)
Group 2 - High-risk frontline workers and people living in high-risk places (bookings open now)
Group 3 - People who are at risk of getting very sick from COVID-19 (bookings open now)
- People aged 40 and over (bookings open now)
- People aged 12 to 15 (bookings open 20 August - as parents or guardians become eligible to book for a vaccination, they can also book a vaccination for young people in this age group)
- People aged 30 and over (bookings open 25 August)
- People aged 16 and over (bookings open 1 September)
For government Covid-19 information, alert levels and vaccination information please refer to the New Zealand government Covid-19 website.
Updated information for the Whitianga Community Vaccination Drive
Unichem Stephenson's Pharmacy were planning to hold a community COVID-19 vaccination drive on the weekend of 21/22 August. Due to the Level 4 lockdown important changes have been made to this vaccination drive. The pharmacy will still be vaccinating on Saturday 21st August, but a booking will need to be secured first. Walk in vaccinations will not be catered for.