This scenic course offers options for adults and children, walkers and runners. Get your friends and family training ready for a day of fun and energy!
Photos All Photos (7)
Videos All Videos (1)
The Whitianga Marathon Course
Starting in Cooks Beach the Marathon course will showcase the views from the south side of the river, including Shakeseare cliff and a local avocado orchard. Clocks will stop for the ferry trip across the rive and then the second half of the course will follow the very scenic pathway looking out to the stunning Mercury Bay and then loop back around Whitianga township. Be prepared for a scenic course that shows off the Mercury Bay!
- Lots of fun participate or support the runners and walkers!
- Stunning scenery courses follow Buffalo and Brophy's Beach, township, marina and estuary
- Fantastic prizes up for grabs amazing spot prizes from local businesses
- Volunteers welcome contact race organisers on the phone or email links on this page.
Environmentally friendly Aid Stations
Water and aid stations will be situated around the course with both water and electrolyte drinks. For environmental reasons, there will be no cups provided by the event so please ensure you bring your own cup or hydration pack.
Run and Walk Options
Whether your a competitive or more leisurely athlete you choose the option that suits you!
- Marathon 42km
- Half Marathon 21km
Kids Course Options
- 2km kids beach dash (for under 16 years old) Get your kids training ready.
Event information may be subject to change, please check directly with event organisers. Contact details can be found via 'Organiser' link on left.