Get ready for the Whitianga Summer Concert featuring Gin Wigmore, The Angels, Dragon, Pseudo Echo and Mi-Sex! Organise yourself, your friends and your family now for a day of all-star music at the Whitianga Waterways Arena located in the popular summertime destination of Mercury Bay.
Photos All Photos (6)
Videos All Videos (9)
- Vodafone 48 hour pre-sale from 9am Tuesday 13 October-7am to Thursday 15 October
- Greenstone Concert Club member sale from 7am Thursday 15 October for $125 plus booking fee (special allocation for all Greenstone Concert Club Members)
- Local tickets on sale from Thursday 15th October for $115 plus booking fee (limited to 1000 tickets available from i-Site Whitianga, Pauanui Info Centre and Info Plus Whangamata)
- General tickets on sale from 7am Monday 19th October for $125 plus booking fee, purchase tickets via the Greenstone Entertainment booking page.
If you need to know about concert parking, or if you can take chairs and umbrellas see the link to the Greenstone Entertainment page for up to date information.
A pdf map of Whitianga Waterways Arena is available to download from the attachment shown above.
- 9:00am Car Park Opens
- 9:45am Express Entry Open
- 10:45am Main Gates Open
- 10:50am Local Act
- 11:30am Mi-Sex
- 12:45pm Pseudo Echo
- 2:00pm Dragon
- 3:30pm The Angels
- 5:00pm Gin Wigmore
- 6:15pm Concert Ends
Can you take food and drink in to the concert?
There will be a range of food and beverage options available:
- Bring your own nibbles, picnic food and sealed non-alcoholic beverages
- Free refill water will be available
- Alcohol is not permitted to be brought into or out of the venue (to comply with NZ Liquor Licensing laws)
- Choose from the many vendors who will be on site include food and alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
Please note: the management reserves the rights to search bags and coolers on entry and prohibited items will be confiscated.
- Bean bags and tarpaulins are not permitted
- Maximum size of umbrellas/gazebos/shade is three metres
- Chairs are permitted to be used at the venue – be considerate to the people around you
- Sun shades and umbrellas are permitted in designated area’s.
This is a wheelchair accessible event. Parking and toilets will be available. Note this is a grass venue so ensure you are mobile on this type of surface. For any special requirements please contact the organisers.
What to bring
- Your concert ticket (e-ticket or hard ticket)
- Photo ID – The Summer Concert is a licensed event and everyone must have ID
- Enough cash as most vendors will not have card facilities (there will be cash out facilities available on site to purchase merchandise, food and beverages)
- Protection from the elements (hat, sunscreen, mosquito repellent)
- Note once you leave the concert you will not be permitted back in.
Do not bring
- Alcohol (a wide selection of alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages will be available on site)
- Professional video or audio recording equipment
- Illicit substances
- Unsealed bottles
Bus to and from the venue
There is a free Whitianga Town Loop Shuttle Bus for concert goers.
Buses from surrounding areas will be running on the following timetable.
- 8.30am Thames Information Centre
- 9.00am Whangamata Rugby Club
- 9.15am Community Hub carpark
- 9.30am Coromandel Information Centre
- 9.45am Tairua Information Centre
- 9.45am Matarang Fire Station
- 10.00am Kuaotunu Reserve
All returns depart at 6.30pm from drop off point. Please see the Greenstone Entertainment website for bus ticket purchases. Hahei and Cooks beach shuttle service is to and from ferry – contact Cathedral Cove Shuttles.
Greenstone Concert Club Membership
Stay up-to-date on everything and get the latest information by joining the club – it's free! Click on the website link and become a member. To become a Greenstone Concert Club member, it’s free, easy to join and means you get first notice on news, concerts, exclusive pre-sale ticket concert information and more.
More about the line up for 2021 including artist bio information for Gin Wigmore, The Angels, Dragon, Pseudo Echo and Mi-Sex. Explore All About Whitianga further for accommodation, transport and restaurant options during the Whitianga Summer Concert weekend.
Previous Summer Concerts in Whitianga
- 2020 Billy Idol, George Thorogood & The Destroyers, Anastacia, Creedence Clearwater Revisted, Smash Mouth
- 2019 Supertramp’s Roger Hodgson, James Reyne and Mark Seymour formerly Australian Crawl and Hunters and Collectors, Toni Childs and supporting acts The Drive, The Blind Venetians
- 2018 The Orchestra starring former members of Electric Light Orchestra, Alanis Morissette, Colin Hay of Men At Work Fame, Fairground Saints
- 2017 Icehouse, Alan Parsons Live Project, Bonnie Tyler
- 2016 Melissa Etheridge, REO Speedwagon, Huey Lewis & the News
- 2015 Heart, Foreigner, Three Dog Night
- 2012 Doobie Brothers, Little River Band