Inspect Services is a small specialised building consultancy. Director Steve Hull is a Licenced Building Practioner with extensive practical and technical experience to assist on your building project.
Photos All Photos (13)
Qualified and experienced
I am a Licenced Building Practioner (LBP) and Independent Qualified Pool Inspector meaning that I can be relied upon to produce quality results. I have an extensive knowledge of the regulatory functions of Local Authorities. This places me in an ideal situation to advise clients on the correct procedures to follow when dealing with Council requirements and processes.
Do it once, do it right - when using Inspect Services you will get quality results.
Steve Hull, Director Inspect Services
Offering the following services
- Pre-purchase reports – moisture readings available
- Third party reports/safe & sanitary reports
- Closure reports
- Building consultancy advice & resolutions
- Third party reports
- Closure reports
- Buildings for relocation reports (relocatable, 2nd hand buildings)
- Certificate of acceptance reports (COA)
- Insurance advice and assessments
- Building advice
- Project management
- General building projects
- Maintenance advice
- Registered certified sampler – methsolutions
- Swimming and spa pool inspections (ensure compliance with swimming pool regulations)
Director Steve Hull
I am a trade qualified builder having over 30 years of experience in the industry including both residential and commercial projects. I possess an extensive knowledge relative to the regulatory frameworks and quality aspects of the building industry having worked previously for local territorial authorities and the Registered Masters Builders Association as a quality expert. I am an Accredited Building Surveyor (LVL3).
Together with a practical approach and a guarantee of good trade practice, I provide a high level of expertise. I am approachable, well qualified and customer focused with quality and accountability being integral to all the services my business offers.
Extensive building knowledge
Being a qualified builder ensures that I have a practical understanding of the issues that the building industry faces today. I keep abreast of changes that continue to occur in the trade through websites, trade publications and BRANZ appraisals thereby providing up to date advice. While I was with Papakura District Council as Manager of Building Control and Environmental Services, I was responsible for the delivery of all regulatory functions under the Building Act. This included processing and issuing of Building Consents, Code Compliance Certificates and undertaking inspections and enforcing the Building Act provisions with respect to un-consented and dangerous building works.
As part of my inspection and reporting procedures, checklists are used together with photos and general notes, resulting in quality reports containing detailed comments and conclusions. With the qualifications I hold and my experience in all aspects of the building industry, I am able to offer quality technical and procedural advice.
- MBIE website number - IQPI:0105
- Accredited Building Surveyor (LVL3) – 20073031
- Licensed Building Practitioner (BP118075) – Carpentry and Site 2 - 2012
- National Certificate in Business (First Line Management - Level 4) - 2012
- National Diploma in Building Control Surveying (Small Buildings) – 2009
- National Diploma in Building Control Surveying (Medium & Large Buildings) – 2009
- Multi-skilling course for Building Officials – (Plumbing & Drainage)
- Advanced Trade Certificate (Building)
- Journeyman Builder (apprenticeship completed)