Whitianga Coastguard is supported by dedicated volunteers in and around Whitianga who provide Search and Rescue services to save lives at sea and to promote water safety education and initiatives.
Photos All Photos (10)
We are a volunteer organisation with 20 active crew members who are trained to support radio calls, rescues and education courses. As a busy coastguard unit based in the Eastern Region our area of responsibility stretches from Cape Colville in the North to Boat Harbour in the South and can assist Tairua/Pauanui when required.
What our club offers
- a yearly membership (to join follow the website link)
- radio reports
- weather information
- the opportunity to volunteer within the organisation
- sponsorship opportunities
- loyalty card participation.
Coastguard VHF Radio Channels
- Whitianga #Ch63
- NowCasting #Ch20
Join or Donate to Whitianga Coastguard
Follow the website link to join as a full or associate member. We also welcomes donations.
We host and have information about the following courses which are run in and outside of Mercury Bay Area.
- Day skipper courses
- Marine VHF Radio
- Specialty Courses (Maritime Restricted Operators Certificate (MROC- formerly RRTOC), Sea Kayak Module, Coastal Skipper, Radar, GPS Operator).
Link to the Coastguard website from this page for useful safety information and for the latest information.
Whitianga Volunteer Coastguard - Saving Lives at Sea