Getting from Hahei to Cathedral Cove takes just 10 minutes with the Cathedral Cove Water Taxi plus you get to see the beautiful coastline from a perspective only possible when travelling by boat.
Photos All Photos (11)
Visit Cathedral Cove Hahei by Boat
The easiest way of getting to Cathedral Cove is with the Cathedral Cove Water Taxi! You don't need to make a booking as the water taxi service has pick-up and drop-off every 30 minutes* from Hahei or Cathedral Cove. Just look for the big yellow and black flags on Hahei Beach in front of the main Hahei Beach car park.
Water Taxi Prices to get to Cathedral Cove
- Adults - $15.00 each way
- Children - (2 -14 years) $10.00 each way
- Infants - free for under 2 years.
Payment is made on board the water taxi by cash or card (Eftpos, Debit, Visa or Mastercard).
Daily Cathedral Cove Water Taxi Operation Status and Departure Details (note weather dependant)
- For daily operation status and departure times contact our phone 027 919 0563 (for an automated message)
- Visit our facebook page for daily updates and our website for further information.
* Please note that the Cathedral Cove Water Taxi does not operate during rough weather.
Hahei and Whitianga Weddings and Special Group Bookings
Need transport to Cathedral Cove or the surrounding area for your wedding or special group occasion? Contact our team to discuss your requirements.
Important Information for Passengers
- The water taxi operation is seasonal and weather dependant
- We reserve the right to cancel trips due to poor weather & sea conditions
- The boarding ramp rests in shallow water - you will get your feet wet!
- Please see our website for more detailed information.