A quiet family environment and a relaxed atmosphere with a choice of quality camping and accommodation options. We have a full range of facilities to provide the perfect base for you and your family to explore Whitianga and the Coromandel area.
Photos All Photos (13)
Central to town
Located right in the centre of Whitianga township. It’s an easy walk to restaurants and shops allowing you to easily explore on foot, and also close to the swimming beach, the boat ramp, wharf, ferry and activities.
We have a bed for every budget – from camping to glamping! Budget cabins through to fully equipped kitchen cabins and self-contained units or 4-star chalets. Contact our friendly team for local advice and to discuss which option will work best for your family or group.
Our large camping sites are 12x9 metres, sheltered and have room for large tents, motor home or caravans, car parking and gazebos for your extra gear.
- Priced from $20 per night per person
- Each has power and water (non powered an option)
- Maximum of 6 adults to a site
- One vehicle per site
- Caravans and camper vans must have a current electrical warrant of fitness.
Other options for families and groups
You can choose to be in the heart of the camp by the kids facilities or further away for a quieter stay. There are a variety of room configurations, some options are fully equipped and other options used shared communal facilities, so please contact our team who can advise what would best suit your needs.
- Family Motel Units – two bedroom, sleeping 6 or 8 people (starting from $145 per night - based on the first 1-2 guests)
- Two bedroom 4 star Chalet – sleeps up to 4 people (price from $170 per night - based on the first 1-2 guests)
- Family Chalet – sleeps up to 5 people (starting from $160 per night - based on the first 1-2 guests)
- Queen Studio – one room perfect for couples, sleeps up to 4 people (starting from $135 per night - based on the first 1-2 guests)
- Family Studio – sleeps up to 5 (starting from $140 per night - based on the first 1-2 guests)
- Two bedroom cabin – sleeps up to 4 people (starting from $135 per night - based on the first 1-2 guests)
- Self Contained Caravan Annex – sleeps up to four people (starting from $110 per night - based on the first 1-2 guests)
- Caravan with annex – shared communal bathroom, bottom sheet, pillows and pillow cases provided only - sleeps up to 6 people (starting from $100 per night - based on the first 1-2 guests)
- Basic Kitchen Unit – compact studio, shared communal bathroom and common room facilities, bottom sheet, pillows and pillow cases provided only - units sleep between 3-6 people depending on room configuration (starting from $75 per night - based on the first 1-2 guests)
- Deluxe Kitchen Unit – features separate bedroom and T.V, shared communal bathroom and common room facilities, bottom sheet, pillows and pillow cases provided only - sleeps up to 5 people (starting from $85 per night - based on the first 1-2 guests)
Boat and truck parking
Are available on site - please contact us to discuss your needs. Separate parking/wash with fish cleaning facilities $4 per day
Our General Facilities
- Boat wash and fish filleting facilities ($2 per day)
- Free BBQs in our outdoor dining area
- Free spades for Hot Water Beach trips
- Free friendly local advice and tips
- Free guest phone for local and freephone calls
- Children’s playground with swings, slides, climbing frames, and sandpit
- Seasonal Swimming Pool (open Labour weekend until Easter)
- Kitchens with gas cooking hobs, microwaves, fridge/freezers, kettles, toasters, chopping boards
- Free Hot showers with great pressure!
- Safe and Secure grounds with security cameras operating
- Coin operated automatic laundries, iron and board, outdoor washing lines
- Dump station
- Rubbish and recycling stations
- WIFI Hotspot provided by IAC starting from only $2 a day
- Communal T.V room with Free-view channels, DVD Player, DVDs and Air Hockey Table ($2 per game)
- Wheelchair Access Ablutions
- Herb garden
- Linen hire available for our Caravan/Annex, Kitchen and Deluxe Kitchen Units – Charges Apply. (Not available Dec 24- Feb 6)
Good clean facilities and well kept grounds
I had a power site. Very nice site yo stay. Good clean facilities and well kept grounds. Free hot showers were a bonus. Easy walking distance to town and just across the road from the water. I will stay again, thanks.
Great location, beautiful part of the world
We had a great time, everyone was so helpful and accommodating, great location, beautiful part of the world
The facilities & location were fantastic
The facilities & location were fantastic including the free hot showers!!! Where else do you get that?! But the management even topped that, friendly, informative & extremely helpful. We loved it. Thanks for a great couple of nights!