Photos All Photos (4)
Our Maritime Officers promote boating best practice and enforce the safe and navigable use of the Waikato region's waterways by:
- regular waterway patrols
- removal of navigation hazards, such as large logs and drifting vessels
- maintenance of navigation aids and markers such as buoys, beacons and lights, within harbour limits
- disposal of wrecks and derelict vessels
- ensuring compliance with the Navigation Safety Bylaw through education and enforcement
- maritime signage at boat ramps.
If you want to report an incident or see unsafe behaviour on the water, we encourage you to report it to our team. You can phone (by clicking on the link) and report it to the Harbourmaster's Office.