Fun and learning through lots of engaging activities on the beach each Sunday during summer for youngsters to develop skills to gain their Surf Lifeguard Award.
Photos All Photos (4)
Junior Surf at Hot Water Beach
The junior surf programme runs from early December through to March/April each year. Feel free to come and give it a go.
We encourage children to have fun and develop their skills, so they can enjoy the beach and one day might be able to save someone else too. It's about developing tomorrow's lifeguards and opening up a whole new world to children.
Can you help?
Each week we need adults or parents to help run the junior surf programme. If you are able to help in anyway, please let us know.
- Set up picking up trailer and towing to cabin, setting up gazebo and BBQ
- During the session we need adults to help keep our ratios right, particularly for water activities
- Sausage Sizzle superstars to wrangle saussies on the BBQ
- Fundraising events any ideas or help with our events is much appreciated.
Thank you to our Sausage Superstars of 2021/22
Thank you to the following businesses who have kindly sponsored our Junior Surf Sausage sizzle for the 2021 /2022 season.
- Whitianga Tractors and Equipment
- Dayle Candy Coromandel Beaches Realty
- Van de Ven Builders
- The French Fig
- Sailbrokers NZ
- Xact Cleaning
- Cooks Estuary Escape
- Whitianga Marine
- Colenso Country Cafe
- Hot water Beach Top 10
- The Cut Hut.