What to Expect
En Pointe Dance studio provides a range of dance classes including ballet, tap, hip hop, urban dance, contemporary, lyrical, zumba and acro-dance from pre-school aged through to adult dance classes.
The En Pointe Dance Studio in Whitianga
En Pointe offers a full dance studio with weekly classes in your dance style learning competition work, grade work and show work. Our fully equipped studio features a sprung floor, floor to ceiling mirrors, warm down area and dressing room.
This is a studio where creativity, individuality and self-expression is encouraged and has a community including teachers, students and families who are passionate about the performing arts.
Lisa Gifford- Studio Director
En Pointe Dance Classes
Our dance classes provide the opportunity for our students to be involved in different styles of dancing.
- Ballet - DEC Assesment programme for all ages and abilities
- Tap - tap techniques as well as building a sense of rhythm
- Hip Hop - fun and energetic street style dance
- Urban - blending 'uban' styles including jazz, hip hop, musical theatre and contemporary
- Contemporary - explores all regions of body movement and creativity
- Lyrical - blending ballet, jazz and contemporary dance
- Acro Dance - fuses elements of lyrical gymnastic, balance and tumbling all coordinated with classical ballet and jazz.
Adult Zumba Dance Classes in Whitianga
Join our qualified Zumba instructor for a fun work out at one of our Zumba dance classes.
- Wednesday and Friday at 9am (one hour)
- Casual fee $5 per class
- Concession card $5 per class (10th class free)
En Pointe Studio Director Lisa Gifford has over 28 years of combined experience as a dancer and qualified dance teacher. The En Pointe dance teachers have a range of experience and qualifications including:
- British Ballet Organisation registered teacher
- Qualified Zumba instructors
- Qualified Acro teachers
Contact Lisa Gifford or Clair Bainbridge to enquire about our childrens or adult dance classes.