What to Expect
The Mercury Bay Boating Club is hosting a weekend Hobie Cat/Multihull event this Spring. Local and neighbouring multihulls will compete on the stunning waters of Mercury Bay. You are invited to come and compete or view this exciting regatta.
Share this with your mates and support local!
Mercury Bay Boating Club (mbbc)
After a great event in 2019, the MBBC invite entires in to the second Double Trouble Multi Hull Regatta. If you have a Hobie Cat, Prindle, Tornado, A-Class or similar and you are keen to join in on some fun and exciting races in a stunning location.
MBBC has hosted an Opti Nationals, a Paper Tiger Nationals, Waikato Champs, and several Mistral regattas. In 2017, we hosted a Weta Rendezvous. Our club is right on the beach with fantastic views of the bay and the race course. We are fortunate to have ample grounds for visiting boats to be staged mast up in a secure area for the duration of the regatta. Parking, kitchen, briefing room. change rooms and toilets are all on site. The beach deck is awesome.
regatta Schedule and details
- 13 – 15 November 2020
- Registration and Social gathering on Friday, 13 November at the club.
- Registration will also be held on the Saturday morning.
- 3 to 4 races on Saturday 14 November followed by BBQ and Beach Party.
- 2 to 3 Races on Sunday morning, 15 November, with prizegiving immediately following so visitors can be on the road by early afternoon, if they wish.
- Prizes from local and city sponsors
- Commemorative T-shirts to be printed
We have the perfect race course for scenic round the bay races, large triangles and sausages, windward leeward and destination sails.
Please contact Jonathan on the email link to register your interest and to receive updates on the event or email.