What to Expect
The Mercury Bay Boating Club is hosting a weekend Hobie Cat/Multihull event this Spring. Local and neighbouring multihulls will compete on the stunning waters of Mercury Bay. You are invited to come and compete or view this exciting regatta.
Mercury Bay Boating Club (mbbc)
MBBC has hosted an Opti Nationals, a Paper Tiger Nationals, Waikato Champs, and several Mistral regattas. In 2017, we hosted a Weta Rendezvous. Our club is right on the beach with fantastic views of the bay and the race course. We are fortunate to have ample grounds for visiting boats to be staged mast up in a secure area for the duration of the regatta. Parking, kitchen, briefing room. change rooms and toilets are all on site. The beach deck is awesome.
regatta Schedule and details
- 29 November – 1 Dec, 2019
- Registration and Social gathering on Friday, November 29th at the club
- 3 to 4 races on Saturday, 30 November, followed by BBQ and Beach Party.
- 2 Races and Prizegiving on Sunday, 1 December
- We have the perfect race course for scenic round the bay races, large triangles and sausages, windward leeward and destination sails.
- Prizes from local and city sponsors
- Commemorative T-shirts to be printed.
Please contact Jonathan on the email link to register your interest and to receive updates on the event or email.