What to Expect
Come and enjoy a celebration of seafood and scallops September 12th- 20th. Enjoy delicious seafood, beer and wine matches at local Whitianga restaurants. Get your friends and family together and make a weekend of it!
Local Whitianga and Mercury Bay Restaurants With Some Fantastic Menus!
Most of our local restaurants have some fantastic seafood dishes on their regular menus. Please see our website link on this page to see all of our fabulous restaurants, cafes and bars listings.
As the Whitianga Scallop Festival is postponed until 2021 our local community and restaurants are welcoming you to come and enjoy the different menus on offer at our local restaurants!
We look forward to seeing you here!
Menus and Entertainment
- Stoked - Crumbed Fresh Scallops w/ Tomato, Red Onion and Paresan Saladi, Grilled Fish Sliders w/ Lemon Mayo & Iceberg Lettuce, Fresh Coromandel Oysters Served Natural or Tempura, Tempura King Prawns w/ Sweet Chilli Mayo, Grilled Market Fish of the Day w/ Warm Potatoes, Broccoli & Tomato & Onion Salsa. Happy Hour 4 – 6pm (see our blue related link for opening hours, closed Tuesday and Wednesday)
- Grace O'Malley's Inn - Surf & Turf, Fish Pie, Battered Oysters, Scallops & Black pudding, Mussel Fritters. Live music Phil Hart 12th of Sept and Stu Pedley on the 19th of Sept
- Smitty's Sports Bar & Grill - Prawn tostadas, Smoked fish pate crostini and fresh lemon, Prawn and pork Vietnamese salad & Crab linguine, Beer battered fish and chips, Seafood chowder with garlic butter ciabatta, Salt and pepper squid chips and salad, Mussel Pot with coconut, kaffir lime and lemon grass. Live music Vegas Brown 19th September
- The Lost Spring - Happy Hour drinks each Friday 5.30pm – 7.30pm with Live Music
- The French Fig - Scallop Special daily for lunch
- Saby's Kitchen - Seafood night Platter for two served with Fish of the day, Skewer prawn cutlets, Battered scallop, Salt and pepper squid, Mariner Prawn Cutlet Rolls, House Fries, Salad With Tartare and Garlic aioli sauce
- Dinos Pizza and Pasta Restaurant - various special dishes of the day
- Mercury Bay Estate Winery & Restaurant - Italian Long 'Seafood' Lunch on the 13th of September. FULLY BOOKED!
- The Coroglen Tavern - ‘World Famous’ Scally Burger & Beer /Wine deal and Bacon wrapped Scally's on a plate
- Go Vino - Seafood Feast 5 Courses (18th of September only)
- Espy Cafe - Fijian fish and scallop curry served on steamed rice with homemade roti (17th to 20th September only)
- Harbour House Café
- The Whitianga Hotel
- Sangam Indian Cuisine
- Blue Ginger
- Buffalo Beach Takeaways
- Snapper Jacks
- Whitianga Takeaways & Fresh Fish