Whitianga Community Services Trust (known as Social Services) provides a one stop shop for the Whitianga community in a very caring and confidential environment. The Trust offers an on-site charity shop and a range of key community services.Contact the Whitianga Community Services Trust in Whitianga or walk in for free and confidential support from one of our qualified professional staff.
• Budgeting service
• Charity Shops (Coghill St and 2 Cook Drive) – we collect furniture and accept clothing & bric-a-brac
• Counselling for adults, youth and families
• Friday Cub (activities, socialising, cooked lunch)
• OSCAR (out of school care and recreation for after school and school holidays) For working parents and non- working - see if you qualify for a subsidy. Inspections and enquiries welcome.
• Support for the Elderly
• Travel to medical appointments (criteria applies)
• Youth Space for activities, learning, socialisation
• Youth Social Work and Youth Alcohol & Drug Counselling
• Visiting Services include:
• Alzheimers Support
• Justice of the Peace - available Mondays 10.00am - 12.00pm excluding public holidays.
• Legal Aid
Please contact reception about any of the above services or any general advice we will be happy to assist.