You can take flying lessons right here in Whitianga at the Mercury Bay Aero Club which is supported by very enthusiastic and experienced club members and instructors.The Mercury Bay Aero Club based in Whitianga welcomes new members and visitors to the area. The club operates the airfield and has a lot to offer the experienced or curious aviation enthusiast. Since 1965 the Mercury Bay Aero Club has been based in Dakota Drive in Whitianga.
FLIGHT LESSONS IN WHITIANGA AT MERCURY BAY AERO CLUB
You can learn to fly at extremely reasonable rates in a Cessna 172 SP with local instructor Ken Adlam. Book in for your BFR's and flying training now by contacting Ken directly on: email or 07 866 5128 or 027 365 5477. You can also download the pilot trianing information and training appendix for more detailed information.
Microlight training with resident ATO for BFRS, check flights etc. with less medical restrictions then a PPL license you can FLY FOR FUN!
Further information can be found on the RAANZ website. For a trial flight you can contact Charles Russell directly on email or 07 866 2055.
Mercury Bay Aero Club activities are based around aircraft and offers:
• Cessna 172 SP - available for hire or flight training
• Tecnam Echo - available for microlight training
• Private member hirage
• Hangarage available on site
• Commercial operators are based at the airfield
Mercury Bay Aero Club facilitites include:
• Club rooms
• Fuel (Avgas) Shell Swipecard
• Main runway 1400 metres (please see the link to the Mercury Bay Aero Club website for runway specifications).