What to Expect
COVID-19 Update for Justice of the Peace
Justice of the Peace services have been suspended in response to the COVID-19 Level 4 Status announced on March 23.
District Courts continue to operate, and you may be able to seek assistance from Court Staff.
However, you are urged to please consider carefully whether your documents are of an essential nature. Many regulatory requirements have been suspended as a result of the Pandemic Notice.
You should check with the agency you are preparing documents for to obtain further advice before attempting to visit the Court.
For more information please see the Justice of the Peace Website
Contacts and locations for Justice of Peace in Whitianga.
Do YOu need to find a Justice of the Peace in Whitianga
Contact Justice of the Peace to confirm availability.
- Mr P B Bould Phone :021923198 Mobile: 021 923 198 (151 Albert Street)
- Barbara Blair Phone: 07 866 5181 Mobile021 310 351 (184 Centennial Drive)
- Heather Bruce Mobile: 021 132 8878 or Ph: 078665873 (Usually available at 10 Monk Street)
- Derek Collier Phone: 07 866 5893 (14 Arthur Street)
- Ms B Kingi Edmonds Phone:07 866 5277 Mobile:022 158 9782 (47 Cook Drive)
- Lt Col D J Harvey Mobile: 0274 878 363 (8 Dundas Street )
- Noel Hewlett Mobile: 021 177 4852 or Phone: 866 5115 (22 Springbok Avenue)
- Murray McLean Phone: 866 4158 (182 Buffalo Beach Road)
- Mrs L A Morrison Phone:07 866 5334 Mobile: 021 157 9979 (86 Captain Cook Road)
- Mrs V Reid P Phone: 0212431716 Mobile: 0212431716 (11 Monk Street).
Justices of the Peace in Whitianga and the Mercury Bay are available to:
- Witness signatures on documents
- Certify copies of documents
- Complete declarations (including stautory declaration), affirmations or affidavits.
Additional Judicial duties that a JP may be trained to undertake is as follows:
- Hearing summary offences
- Conducting traffic courts
- Hearing bail applications and requests for remands and adjournments
- Issuing search warrants.