Justice of the Peace (JPs)
A Justice of the Peace is available at the Whitianga Community Services Trust in Whitianga weekly. Phone for more information.
Justice of the Peace free consultations available weekly in Whitianga at the Whitianga Community Services Trust (phone 07 866 4476) every Monday 10am - 12.00pm noon excluding public holidays, or contact a local Coromandel JP directly from the contact information listed below.
All Justice of the Peace (JP) services are free and they are available to:
• Witness signatures on documents
• Certify copies of documents
• Complete declarations (including stautory declaration), affirmations or affidavits.
Additional Judicial duties that a JP may be trained to undertake is as follows:
• Hearing summary offences
• Conducting traffic courts
• Hearing bail applications and requests for remands and adjournments
• Issuing search warrants.