H&M Pascoe Boat Builders Ltd are specialists in boat repair and vessel maintenance servicing in Whitianga and the wider Mercury Bay area. We are a highly professional team that has extensive experience, specialised workshop areas and the right equipment to undertake any job in the field of boat repairs and boat building.
Photos All Photos (13)
Our team has over 60 years experience in the boat building and repair industry. Our trade qualified staff undertake repairs and maintenance work on both commercial and pleasure boats, from traditional timber boats to the modern GRP & composite boats. Phyll and Mitch Pascoe are the owners fo this family business which was originally started by Mitch's father, Howard Pascoe.
Our Boat Services
We work with clients on projects from building small plywood dories to repairing large wooden fishing vessels, trailer boats, GRP and composite vessels.
General Boat painting
Small repairs to full repaint services including:
- Gelcoat repairs
- Repainting stripes & boot
- Full hull & topsides painting on both power & sailing vessels.
Antifouling and Propseed
- Antifouling is by airless
- Approved area Propspeed applicator.
Wooden and Fibreglass repairs
All wooden & fibreglass repairs including composite construction.
General boat building work
- Teak decks and boarding platforms
- Bow thruster installations
- Fitting transducers
- Traditional boat work including
- Caulking & replanking
- Interior alterations and
- Engine installations
- Refits - both minor and major
- Trailer boat repairs.
Boat Cleaning and Polishing Services
- Cleaning, general valet & cut and polish
- Industrial steam cleaner for cleaning of engine rooms, general machinery, hot washing boats & marine carpets.
- Full range of zinc anodes, marine paint, ball valves, skin fittings, gland packing, bilge pumps ,marine hardware and electronics
- Yacht rigging and maintenance, rope splicing, supplying halyards & sheets.
Insurance Industry Approved
As an approved repairer for the insurance industry, H&M Pascoe have the skills to undertake and manage jobs that are required for insurance claims and vessel repairs. We can also undertake boat insurance inspections of vessels for insurance purposes.
Areas we service
We have hardstand and boatyard workshops based at the Whitianga marina. We can also carry out some work at the Whitianga Waterways, and are also prepared to travel to other areas on the Coromandel Peninsula where practicable.
Our Hardstand (Whitianga Marina)
We operate principally out of the Whitianga Marina and have the facilities to allow work to be carried out in all weather, meaning less time and therefore less cost on the hardstand!
- 16m movable shed – purpose built and capable of housing boats up to 15.5m. Scaffolding can be erected right around the boat for ease and safety of work
- Three small workshops and storage sheds
- For vessels not in the movable shed, we can cover areas for repairs or work on boats outside while the boats are in the cradles.
Our Boatyard (1 Dundas Street)
At our Dundas St boatyard we have a large fully equipped woodworking workshop and sheds.
- Eight metre shed to house trailer boats
- Large shed capable of taking vessels up to 12 metres.
Please contact Mitch or Phyll for more information about the full range of services we can assist you with.