Our team in Whitianga can assist you with an eye check up and advice on general eye health. We can also identify and advise on specific eye related issues including age-related macular degeneration, diabetes and vision, cataracts, glaucoma, floaters and flashes, and sports vision.
Photos All Photos (7)
Mercury Bay Optometrists Services
Reasons to see us
- Moistness of eyes – if your eyes water with little or no strain
- Blurred vision – haziness or lack of clarity in viewing distant objects
- Accidents – if you experience pain in your eyes after being injured
- Spots and flashes – sudden appearance of floating spots or sudden flashes of light
- Flu-like symptoms – pain in the eyes
- Diabetes – diabetics should ensure regular optometrist visits.
Get your eyes examined regularly
- Comprehensive eye examinations
- Advice on health & safety at work
- Fashionable spectacle frames and the very latest in lens technology
- Contact lenses, solutions and aftercare catered for your needs
- A speedy repair service
- Sports vision assessments
- Advice and solutions for vision related learning difficulties with children
- OCT scanner
- Retinal photography.
Extensive Range of Frames
Optometrist - Brett Howes
Our commitment to provide vision care is based on Brett’s training, experience specialities and commitment to continuing education.
Brett Howes graduated from Otago University with a BSc and Postgraduate Diploma of Science in Zoology. He then graduated from a Bachelor of Optometry at Auckland University in 1984 and has worked in private practice ever since. He has taught Clinical Contact Lens Practice at Auckland School of Optometry and currently specialises in Sports Vision and Soft Contact Lens practice.