Our professional and caring staff look forward to sharing your child's learning journey. Our purpose built early childhood education centre caters for children from 3 months to 6 years and is located next door to Mercury Bay Area School.
Photos All Photos (12)
Quality Education and Care
We will work collaboratively with you and our high staff ratio ensures your child has quality care and education each day.
Our team at Kauri Learners is an early education centre with a focus on providing a safe nurturing environment for multicultural preschool children based on 21st century learning.
Maxine McRobbie, Centre Director
Our Early Childcare Centre Offers:
- Catering for 20 over twos and 10 under twos
- 20 Hours free ECE for children over three years old
- Healthy meals provided and cooked onsite (see a sample of our menus on our website link)
- High staff ratios for quality care and education
- All nappies provided
- Convenient location and parking right next to Mercury Bay Area School (year 1-13)
- Close to central town.
Whare Kotete Iti - Under Two's Room (infants 3 months - 2 years)
Our room is designed to support and extend infants learning. Our team create and nurture safe learning opportunities to cater to your child's interests and development. When the timing is right for your child our team will transition them into the over two's room.
Whare Pihinga Nui - Over Two's Room (2 years to school age)
Our room is designed for exploration, learning, discovery and for challenges through learning opportunities and our range of resources that we have available.
Preparing for School
A transition programme will assist your child to learn the foundation skills for school and also a weekly visit to the Mercury Bay Area School Reception Class.
Our Values and Philosophy
Our name reflects our centre and staff values. Kauri - kindness, achievement, unity, respect, and identity. These are also the behavior expectations for Mercury Bay Area School and integrate perfectly with their next learning journey or where ever they may go to school.
Our philosophy and teaching practice are guided by the NZ Curriculum for Early Childhood - Te Whariki: He Whariki Matauranga mo nga Mokopuna a Aotearoa:
- Empowerment: (Whakamana) Children will be empowered to learn and grow
- Holistic Development; (Kotahitanga) Children learn and grow in a holistic way.
- Family and Community: (Whanau tangata) A child's family and community are recognised as part of the learning experience
- Relationships: (Nga hononga) Children learn through positive relationships.
Kauri Learners has parking next to Mercury Bay Area School. Many of our families find this very convenient with mulitple family drop off's and pick ups at our centre and the school during the day.
We provide children with three healthy meals a day which are cooked by our in house chef. The menu is supplement with fresh and healthy fruit and vegetables, with a regularly updated menu.
Kauri Learners Early Childhood Education Centre - a caring place for education and excellence.