The Lost Spring Café & Restaurant is located in the heart of Whitianga. Not only offering you a unique dining experience within a gorgeous tropical setting, but will deliver exceptional cuisine delivered by welcoming staff.
Photos All Photos (16)
Café and Restaurant
We want you to be able to experience a taste of what the Coromandel Peninsula has to offer, a relaxing and cosy place to sit and enjoy our delicious all day menu.
We offer Coromandel inspired dishes using fresh, locally sourced produce – from home made cakes to go with your coffee to a luxurious three course dinner.
We offer a dining experience you will not find anywhere else in New Zealand. Our fully licensed restaurant is set in the historic Mercury Bay school house adjoining thermal pools in a natural rain forest setting.
Sit within the Mercury Bay School house, on the TLS beach, the tropical set pavilion or up on the sky deck - all with views of the tranquil lagoon pool.
Our delicious Menu
Our kitchen endeavors to appeal to everyone with an extensive menu available all day, every day. Our Chef's do their best to cater to your needs with vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options available, just talk to the friendly team.
Menu options include:
- Brunch menu
- Small plates and tapas
- A selection of platter options
- Main meal options
- Salads, Burgers and wraps
- Sweet delicious deserts
- Festive menus for functions (please contact us directly).
We have a wide range of non alcoholic and alcoholic beverages available.
- Tea and coffee
- Fresh smoothies and juices
- Wine and bubbles
- Beer and ciders.
Seating And Atmosphere To Soak Up
You have plenty of choice to sample our local delicacies in beautiful tropical surroundings.
- Inside our historic school house restaurant
- Outside in the pavilion
- On our cocktail deck overlooking the lagoon or soaking in the pools
- Soak up the sun on the TLS beach.
A great place for brunch, lunch, early dinner, coffee & cake, or simply drinks with friends. Lose yourself at The Lost Spring, Whitianga!
Bookings And Reservations
- We recommend booking ahead to secure your table.
- Pool Side Service is available every day from our friendly poolside service team.
- We only allow supervised children over 14yrs into the thermal pools.
- The Day Spa is 16 and over.
- Supervised children are allowed in our Café.
- On public holidays we have no public holiday surcharge.