Local restaurants have designed special seafood menus for the rescheduled Whitianga Seafood on a Plate week to be held from October 15-25.
Participating restaurants, cafes and takeaways will be celebrating with locals and visitors to put Whitianga once again as a ‘must visit’ location for seafood dining in New Zealand.
We needed to move the Seafood on a Plate week from our initial September date to October due to changing Covid-19 lockdown alert levels. We’re excited that the event can now go ahead as this really is a great local initiative that is building on the success of the inaugural event last year. The week offers diners special seafood menus, and a chance to support our local hospitality businesses who are showcasing delicious dishes.
Terry Bibby, Whitianga Seafood on a Plate Organiser
Local restaurants getting seafood menus ready
Over the ten days of Seafood on a Plate diners are invited to book into restaurants to enjoy a diverse range of seafood dishes and entertainment options.
Whether you are interested in fast, fine, lunch or evening dining there are plenty of options to choose from. To book a table or enquire about each individual menu please use the related link at the bottom of this page to contact the restaurants directly.
Restaurants participating in Seafood on a Plate
- Stoked Restaurant (seafood specials to match with your favourite wine)
- Kufe (seafood fish platter and seafood chowder dishes)
- Smittys Sports Bar and Grill (live music on 23rd October and club style seafood grub – no bookings come along and enjoy the atmosphere!)
- Umino Hoshi (Japanese seafood delicacies – sushi, donburi, noodles, side dishes)
- The House of Chang Thai (choose from extensive menu or our two special seafood dishes – entree Thai prawn cakes and main Hot Monk Taley or Thai Steamed seafood basket)
- Salt Restaurant and Bar (Salt seafood platter)
- The French Fig (seafood specials of the day)
- Snapper Jacks (all of your usual favourites and some special dishes will be available)
- Saby's Kitchen
- The Lost Spring
- Sangam Indian Cuisine
- Ninas Eatery and Wine Bar
- Mercury Bay Winery
- Buffalo Beach Takeaways
- Blue Ginger
- Mercury Bay Estate and Winery & Restaurant
- The Coroglen Tavern
- Espy Cafe
- Whitianga Takeaways and Fresh Fish.
Please note that participating restaurants may be subject to change