Here's a helpful guide of the artists and their mediums to help plan your art escape tour in Tairua this year.
Mercury Bay Art Escape in Tairua
If you are in or near Tairua for the Mercury Bay Art Escape Open Studio weekends this March, then you may want to visit these artists. View and talk to them about their work.
The Mercury Bay Art Escape open studios weekends also covers artists in Whitianga, Hahei, Whenuakite, Coroglen, Hot Water Beach, Cooks Beach, Flaxmill Bay, Kuaotunu, Rings Beach, and Opito Bay. For information on these artists and more Art Escape events please see the links below.
Download a map of the Tairua Open Studios below.
Who's who and what do they do?
– Mosaics with a Pasifika feel.
– Watercolour painitng, Pen and Wash, Mixed Media. Landscapes, sea scenes and floral works.
– Painting, Watercolours and Printmaking.
– Painting Watercolour and mixed media.
– Painting and mixed media. Large works inspired by land, sea and sky with a native feel.
– Printmaking, etching and dry point engraving.
– Painting and Printmaking.
– Woodcarving and sculpture. Ocean inspired themes.
– Mixed media with photography. Environmental & nature themed. Visitors by appointment only. Not taking part in open studio weekend 2021.