What to Expect
Do you need assistance to work through life's challenges that are too big to manage by yourself? For trusted, qualified, private counselling and psychotherapy services to assist you to achieve more fulfilment and happiness in life contact Steffen Lindner.
On-line counselling sessions available
Steffen offers counselling sessions via SKYPE, Facetime or other social network apps that you may be using. On-line sessions provide safe physical distancing, but maintain personal attention for your counselling needs. On-line sessions are approximately 90 minutes to 2 hours depending on your needs.
Guided mind-calming meditation- sessions & client centred talk-therapy
Reduce your stress levels, and any feelings of depression and anxiety while strengthening your resilience and self-compassion. The guided meditation will be around 30 minutes plus 30 minutes of client-centred talk-therapy.
whitianga Counselling & Psychotherapy Treatment
Steffen can share his extensive experience and knowledge to assist you to understand, improve and heal those parts of your personality that you find difficult, and to be better equipped to understand challenging situations.
Providing affordable private counselling and psychotherapy services for individuals, couples, families or groups in a confidential and safe environment to assist you to achieve more fulfilment and happiness in life.
Steffen is available for individual sessions (men, women and couples) or group, work team and family counselling sessions focusing on family issues or team dynamics.
- Marriage, couple counselling and relationship counselling – understanding what is causing conflict in your relationship and growing together in partnership
- Separation or break ups
- Family counselling and family therapy services
- Relationship Intimacy and Sexual Health
- Systemic family constellation work
- Self-esteem and self-confidence issues
- Life challenging situations
- Burn out or lack of motivation
- Stress - mindfulness based stress reduction
- Grief and trauma
- Anger management
- Mild depression
- Support for men
- Fatherhood and motherhood
- Father-Son Bonding
- Trust issues
- Migration issues – culture shock or homesickness, orientation in a new cultural environment
- Work place services - team building or group facilitation sessions
- Facilitation of empowerment workshops for personal grows and emotional wellbeing
- Facilitation of men's group.
counselling at A Time And Location To Suit Your Needs
Therapy sessions can be booked at a flexible time to suit your individual or group needs (including after hours and weekends). Book in a session with Steffen at:
- Steffen's private practice room on 5 Coghill Street - a discrete and charming environment in the middle of town
- A location of your choice
- Via Skype - location is not a problem to provide you with ongoing support.
professional Qualifications and Memberships
Steffen has over 20 years of experience and training in counselling, psychotherapy, mental health and social services in both New Zealand and Germany. Steffen is a well respected practitioner and regarded for building trusting relationships with his clients to assist them to achieve improved mental health and ongoing wellbeing. Steffen is fluent in both English and German.
- Certificate of Psychotherapy (Germany)
- Master Social Work (Germany)
- Post Graduate Diploma Education (Germany)
- Assistant in the Institute for Integral Studies (Germany)
- Studies in Psychology with special focus on diagnostic, counselling and treatment of individuals, families and groups
- Studies in Sociology, Philosophy and Intercultural Pedagogic
- Studies and training are undertaken at University of Düsseldorf, Germany (1991-1993), University of Cologne, Germany (1995), University of Duisburg- Essen, Germany (1995-1999), Scholarship University Rhodes, Greece (1997), University of Montreal, Canada (1994).
- Social Worker (Whitianga Social Services)
- Facilitator Anger Management (Family Safety Services)
- Member of Essentially Men Network
- Facilitator of Pathways to Manhood
- Designer and facilitator of the Father-Son Bonding Initiative
- Founder and Director of the Embassy of Friendship.
“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” (Soren Kierkegaard 1813-1855)